Professor Faith Gibson
Faith Gibson is Professor of Child Health and Cancer Care at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust and University of Surrey.
Faith Gibson has over 25 years experience in children’s cancer nursing: that includes periods in clinical practice, education and research. She took up her current post, which is a joint appointment, in April 2016. Her main fields of research and supervision include:
- Improving process and outcomes of care for children/young people with cancer and their families.
- Improving assessment and management of symptoms.
- Improving skills of the nursing workforce to deliver cancer care.
- Understanding and improving survivorship care.
- Improving the experiences of children and young people in hospital
She has been influential in the expansion of the research evidence base for children’s cancer nursing. She has presented at national and international conferences, and has edited four textbooks and published over 100 research publications. Faith continues to play an important and influential role in developing practice, through leadership and research, in the care of children and young people being treated for cancer. She would describe herself as a narrative researcher, constantly refining her skills in undertaking and evaluating participatory research with children and young people. She remains very active in her national professional group, and works collaboratively with other professional groups in the Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group, as well as many international forums.
Download the presentation